– The Pentium B960 as well as the Celeron B815 belong to the Sandy Bridge group of processors and enjoys some of the good things that the Sandy Bridge architecture has.
– The Celeron B815 is clocked fairly lower than the B960 ( 1.60 GHz Vs 2.2 GHz). This makes Celeron B815 slower than the B960.
– The Pentium B960 comes with better HD Graphics 3000. The Celeron B815 comes with HD Graphics 2000.
Table : Intel Pentium B960 Vs Intel Celeron B815 Feature Differences
|Feature||Intel Pentium B960||Intel Celeron B815|
|Core Frequency||2.2 GHz||1.60 GHz|
|No. Of Cores||2 ( No Hyperthreading)||2 ( No Hyperthreading)|
|Cache Organization||2 MB L3||2 MB L3 Cache|
|Turbo Frequency||No Turbo||No Turbo|
|TDP Rating||35 Watts||35 Watts|
|64 Bit Support||Y||Y|
|Lithography||32 nm||32 nm|
|Integrated Memory Controller||DDR3-1333||DDR3-1066/1333|
|Integrated Graphics||Yes, 650 MHz Base, 1.1 GHz Max||Intel HD Graphics 2000, 650 MHz Base, 1050 MHz Turbo|
Table : Intel Pentium B960 Vs Intel Celeron B815 Benchmarking Comparison
|Benchmarks||Intel Pentium B960||Intel Celeron B815|
| PassMark CPU Mark Score
| Super Pi 2M (Lower in better)
||43.5 seconds||47 seconds|
| 3D Mark 06 CPU
| Windows 7 Experience Score
Some more details of Intel Pentium B960
Pentium B960 is the highest clocked Pentium Processor in the Sandy Bridge line ( Update : B970 has superseded B960). With a decent performance with its integrated graphics, the Pentium B960 is expected to dominate the entry level low cost notebooks starting from the 1st quarter of 2012. You always have the option of going for the Core i3 or the core i5 processors at $50 to $200 extra.
Some more details of Intel Celeron B815
The Celeron B815 belongs to the Sandy Bridge series of processor.Its processing power is just good enough for the entry level notebook computing. You may like to check the core i3 and core i5 processors in the Sandy Bridge line if you are looking for high performance processors.
Further Suggested Readings
– Since both these processors belong to Sandy Bridge, we recommend that you take a looks at the Sandy Bridge Architecture.
– If you wish to compare their integrated graphics performance, take a look at – HD Graphics 3000 Vs HD Graphics 2000.