Intel HD Graphics 3000 Vs HD Graphics 2000
1. The Intel’s HD Graphics 3000 and the HD 2000 are the integrated graphics in the second generation Sandy Bridge Core i3, Core i5 and core i7 desktop and notebook processors and the Sandy Bridge Pentium as well as Sandy Bridge Celeron Processors.
2. These two integrated graphics are different and substantially improved from the earlier 1st generation core i processors called Intel HD Graphics.
3. The HD Graphics 3000 has 12 Execution Units while the HD Graphics 2000 has 6 Execution unit. This results in substantially faster performance for HD 3000.
4. All the second generation core i NOTEBOOK processors have HD 3000. We have not seen any HD 2000 graphics in any second generation core i notebook processor.
5. The HD Graphics 2000 are found in some of the second generation core i DESKTOP processor.
Table 1 : Intel HD Graphics 3000 Vs 2000
|Feature|| HD Graphics 3000
|| HD Graphics 2000
|Core / Shader Frequency||Base 350 MHz to 850 MHz, Turbo upto 1350 MHz||Base 350 MHz to 850 MHz, Turbo upto 1350 MHz|
|No. of Execution Units
| Direct X Support
||DirectX 10.1, Shader 4.1||DirectX 10.1, Shader 4.1|
|Lithography||32 nm||32 nm|
|Memory Support||Shared Memory||Shared Memory|
Table 2 : HD Graphics 3000 Vs HD Graphics 2000 Benchmarking Comparison
The benchmark results have been rounded , wherever applicable , for quick comparison
|Benchmarks||HD Graphics 3000|| HD Graphics 2000
|3DMark 03- 1024×768 resolution
|3DMark 05- 1024×768 resolution||6400||5800|
|Windows 7 Experience Index – Gaming Graphics
Table : HD Graphics 3000 Vs HD Graphics gaming Benchmarking Comparison
|Benchmarks||HD Graphics 3000||HD Graphics 2000|
|F1 2011 ( Low Settings)
||49 fps||37 fps|
||57 fps||53 fps|
Call of Duty Black Ops
|32 fps||26 fps|
You may also like to Check out the following topics in forum for an informal discussion.
1. Intel GMA HD Vs HD Graphics 3000 in forum.