- The A-3400M is AMD’s newest dual core Llano APU characterized by a fast integrated graphics.
- Intel’s dual core i3-370M is also dual core belonging to Intel’s first generation Core i3 ( Arrandale) Processors.
- The A4-3400M is clocked at 1.90 GHz and i3-370M is clocked higher at 2.30 GHz. However,
- The A4-3400M supports turbo boost that i3-370M does not. Turbo Boost makes a big difference in real life computing by providing short burst of processing power when you need them.
Table : Feature Differences
|Feature||Core i3-370M||AMD A4-3300M|
| Core Frequency
| No. Of Cores
| Cache Organization
||512KB L2 + 3MB L3||2MB L2 cache|
| Turbo Frequency
| TDP Rating
| 64 Bit Support
|Integrated Memory Controller||DDR3-1066||DDR3|
| Integrated Graphics
||Yes, Base 500 MHz, Turbo 667 MHz||Yes, Radeon HD 6480G|
Some more details of Core i3-370M
The Hyperthreading ( Two threads for each core) in the core i3-370M improved performance in multithreaded environment. The processor is built with two dies on the chip, the first die has the two cores and the second die has the Integrated memory controller and the integrated graphics unit called GMA that runs at base clock of 500 MHz and ramp to 667 MHz based upon demand. The performance of the Integrated GPU is for entry level graphics and not really great for gaming, though, it helps reduce system cost by not requiring a separate discrete graphics component. The core i3-370M is for entry level notebooks. The i3-380M at slightly higher 2.53 GHz has become become more popular choice for the notebook manufacturers. The processor communicates with the chipset using DMI Bus – a fast differential Bus. Based upon Arrandale architecture – the core i3-370M has a fast processor to memory communication using its integrated graphics controller
Some more details of AMD A4-3300M
The AMD A4-3300M is an entry level notebooks dual-core processor. This processor is codenamed as Llano and released in the markets since June 14th of 2011. This processor comes under the AMD-A Series. The base clock rate of the processor is 1.9 GHz. The turbo boost technology of the processor can over clock it up to 2.5 GHz basing on the prevailing temperature conditions and cores usage. The processor is enabled with integrated Radeon HD 6480G Graphics card and integrated memory controller that can support for DDR3 (L)-1333 memory and a PCle 2.0 controller. The TDP rate of the processor is 35 watt.
In the next post we have compared the benchmark results of these two processors
- Informal discussion of Intel Core i3-370M Vs AMD A4-3300M at forum