You may also like to check
1. The AMD’s A8-3500M APU has quad core processor while the Sandy Bridge i3-2330M is dual core.
2. The A8-3500M is clocked at 1.50 GHz while the i3-2330M is clocked at 2.20 GHz.
3. The A8-3500M supports Turbo Boost feature, which is absent in Core i3 Sandy Bridge.
4. The overall result is a comparable performance between the two processors. The A8-3500M gets better in instances where we make use of all of its 4 cores. In single threaded operations, the i3-2330M is slightly better.
5. But the integrated graphics in the A8-3500M is significantly better than the integrated graphics in i3-2330M – Check Radeon HD 6620G Vs HD Graphics 3000.
Table : AMD A8-3500M Vs Core i3-2330M Feature Differences
|Feature||AMD A8-3500M||Core i3-2330M|
|Core Frequency||1.5Ghz||2.20 GHz|
|No. Of Cores||4||2 (4 Hyperthreads)|
|Cache Organization||4MB L2 Cache||3 MB L3 Smart Cache|
|Turbo Frequency||2.4GHz||No Turbo|
|TDP Rating||35||35 Watts|
|64 Bit Support||Y||Y|
|Integrated Memory Controller||DDR3L-1333||DDR3-1333|
|Integrated Graphics||Yes, Radeon HD 6620G||Yes, Base 650 MHz, Turbo 1.10 GHz|
Table : AMD A8-3500M Vs Core i3-2330M Benchmarking Comparison
|Benchmarks||AMD A8-3500M||Core i3-2330M|
| PassMark Score
| Super Pi 2M (Lower in better)
||81 seconds||41.5 seconds|
| 3D Mark 06 CPU
| Windows 7 Experience Score
Some more details of AMD A8-3500M
The AMD A8-3500M is a quad-core processor codenamed as Llano. It is designed for mid-range notebooks. The base frequency of this laptop is 1.5 GHz. The turbo boost technology of the processor can over clock it up to 2.4 GHz successfully basing on temperature conditions and core usage. The processor got integrated Radeon HD 6620G graphics card in it. The integrated memory controller of the processor can support DDR3 (L)-1333 memory and PCle 2.0 controller. The TDP of the processor is 35 watt. This processor is latest for the market and released on June 14th of 2011. This processor got 4 cores and 4 threads in it.
Some more details of Core i3-2330M
The Core i3-2330M marginally improves upon the core i3-2310M and should therefore offer a performance improvement of the order of 4%. The turbo boost is not available with core i3-2330M which will reduce its performance as compared to the core i5 processors. The graphics performance is decent with Intel’s integrated graphics 3000.