– The A6-3420M supports turbo boost while the core i3-2330M does not support turbo boost.
– The A6-3420M is better in multi threading environment where all 4 cores are put into use. However, the two processors have, in general, similar performance level.
– The AMD’s A6-3420M, however, takes decisive lead with its integrated graphics performance. You may like to check Radeon HD 6520G Vs HD Graphics 3000 , if you are looking for integrated graphics performance.
Table : AMD A6-3420M Vs Core i3-2330M Feature Differences
|Feature||AMD A6-3420M||Core i3-2330M|
|Core Frequency||1.5 Ghz||2.20 GHz|
|No. Of Cores||4||2 (4 Hyperthreads)|
|Cache Organization||4 MB L2 cache||3 MB L3 Smart Cache|
|Turbo Frequency||2.4 Ghz||No Turbo|
|TDP Rating||35||35 Watts|
|64 Bit Support||Y||Y|
|Integrated Memory Controller||DDR3-1333||DDR3-1333|
|Integrated Graphics||Radeon HD 6520G, 320 shaders, 400 MHz||HD Graphics 3000, Base 650 MHz, Turbo 1.10 GHz|
Table : AMD A6-3420M Vs Core i3-2330M Benchmarking Comparison
|Benchmarks||AMD A6-3420M||Core i3-2330M|
| 3D Mark 06 CPU
| Windows 7 Experience Score
Some more details of AMD A6-3420M
The AMD A6-3420M bumps up the clock frequency of A6-3400 by 100 MHz. This should make it better performing than many of the Core i3 Sandy Bridge processor and brings it closer to some of the Core i5 Sandy Bridge processors. The Integrated Graphics in the A6-3420M is much better than the Intel’s HD Graphics 3000 and supports DirectX11. A great graphics at low power could be the best reason for you to consider A6-3420M
Some more details of Core i3-2330M
The Core i3-2330M marginally improves upon the core i3-2310M and should therefore offer a performance improvement of the order of 4%. The turbo boost is not available with core i3-2330M which will reduce its performance as compared to the core i5 processors. The graphics performance is decent with Intel’s integrated graphics 3000 but not great.
Further suggested readings
– We strongly suggest that you take a look at the Llano Architecture – since A6-3420M is based upon this architecture.
– For details of the architecture underlying Core i3-2330M – take a look at Sandy Bridge architecture.
– The A6-3420M review is a good source of some more information on A6-3420M.
– If you have any specific question – join and post it on forum – someone will be glad to answer your queries.