AMD A6-3410MX vs Intel Core i5-2410M
Depending upon whether you are comparing pure processor performance or the integrated graphics performance, the AMD’s A6-3410MX is inferior or better than the Sandy Bridge Core i5-2410M
1. The processor performance of the A6-3410MX is especially inferior in single threaded or lightly threaded environment, as the A6-3410MX is clocked only at 1.6 GHz ( Core i5-2410M has base clock of 2.3 GHz) . However, the AMD’s A6-3410MX is a quad core which catches up in performance in 4 threaded applications.
2. The GPU performance of the Radeon HD 6520G is substantially better than the Intel’s HD 3000 integrated graphics. So, if the high end gaming is your primary concern, you may like to prefer the AMD ( and sacrifice the CPU processing power). Radeon HD 6520G is the integrated GPU in the AMD’s A6-3410MX.
Table : AMD A6-3410MX Vs Core i5-2410M Feature Differences
|Feature||AMD A6-3410MX||Core i5-2410M|
|Core Frequency||1.6GHz||2.30 GHz|
| No. Of Cores
||4||2 (4 Hyperthreads)|
| Cache Organization
||4MB L2 Cache||3 MB L3 Smart Cache|
| Turbo Frequency
| TDP Rating
| 64 Bit Support
| Integrated Memory Controller
| Integrated Graphics
||Radeon HD 6520G, 320 shaders, 400 MHz||Yes, Base 650 MHz, Turbo 1.20 GHz|
Table : AMD A6-3410MX Vs Core i5-2410M Benchmarking Comparison
|Benchmarks||AMD A6-3410MX||Core i5-2410M|
| PassMark Score
| Super Pi 2M (Lower in better)
||78 seconds||32 seconds|
| 3D Mark 06 CPU
| Windows 7 Experience Score
Some more details of AMD A6-3410MX
The AMD A6-3410MX is a quad-core processor. This processor comes under AMD-A Series. This is codenamed as Llano and released into the market on June 14th of 2011. The base frequency of the processor is 1.6 GHz. The turbo boost technology of the processor can over clock it up to 2.3 GHz basing on the cores usage and temperature conditions. The processor is credited with integrated Radeon HD 6520G graphics card and its integrated memory control supports for DDR3 (L)-1333 memory and a PCle 2.0 controller. This processor got 4 MB capacity L2 cache in it. The TDP of the processor is 45 watt.
Some more details of Core i5-2410M
The core i5-2410M is a relatively fast processor belonging to the 2nd generation Intel Core i5 processor. The most characteristic improvement as compared to the 1st generation Intel Sandy Bridge processors is in the area of Integrated graphics powered by the Intel HD Graphics 3000 core. Integrated graphics is a part of the silicon and not a separate discrete component or a card. The Integrated graphics and the processor cores are all in one die unlike the earlier 1st generation processors, in which the processor and the integrated graphics were on separate die. The base frequency of the graphics runs at 650 MHz that can extend to 1.20 GHz depending upon the demand. The new Turbo boost 2.0 significantly improves the performance of the processor.
- Check out – Sandy Bridge Architecture as it underlines the architecture driving i5-2410M
- Llano Architecture is a good read for details of the architecture driving A6-3410MX
- If you have more questions join and ask in forum.