- AMD’s A6-3400M is a quad core processor while Intel’s i3-2350M is dual core.
- The A6-3400M supports turbo boost, that Intel’s i3-2350 do not.
- A6-3400M has lower clock frequency.
- The A6-3400M has an overall better performance than the Core i3-2350M. This gain is more marked in multi threaded environment where that processes can make use of all the 4 available core. The single threaded scenario the Core i3-2350M even has slight upper hand.
- The integrated graphics in A6-3400M is much better than the integrated graphics in i3-2350M. Check out Radeon HD 6520G Vs HD Graphics 3000
Table : AMD A6-3400M Vs Core i3-2350M Feature Differences
|Feature||AMD A6-3400M||Core i3-2350M|
|Core Frequency||1.4 Ghz||2.30 GHz|
|No. Of Cores||4||2 (4 Hyperthreads)|
|Cache Organization||4 MB L2 cache||3 MB L3 Smart Cache|
|Turbo Frequency||2.3 Ghz||No Turbo|
|TDP Rating||35||35 Watts|
|64 Bit Support||Y||Y|
|Integrated Memory Controller||DDR3-1333||DDR3-1333|
|Integrated Graphics||Radeon HD 6520G, 320 shaders, 400 MHz||Yes, Base 650 MHz, Turbo 1.10 GHz|
Table : AMD A6-3400M Vs Core i3-2350M Benchmarking Comparison
|Benchmarks||AMD A6-3400M||Core i3-2350M|
| PassMark Score
| Super Pi 2M (Lower in better)
||89 seconds||41 secomds|
| 3D Mark 06 CPU
| Windows 7 Experience Score
Some more details of AMD A6-3400M
The AMD A6-3400M is an entry level quad-core processor for notebooks. This is code named as Llano and released on June 15th of 2011. This processor comes under AMD A-Series. The base frequency of the processor is 1.4GHz only. Its Turbo Boost technology can over clock it up to 2.3 GHz, but this over clocking completely depends on temperature conditions and number of cores usage. This processor comes with integrated Radeon HD 6520G Graphics card and integrated memory controller that can support for DDR3 (L)- 1333 memory and a PCle 2.0 controller. The TD of this processor is 35 Watt.
Some more details of Core i3-2350M
The core i3-2350M is clocked at 2.30 GHz and is the fastest core i3 processor available at the time of writing ( core i3-2370M is not yet launched). There is no change with respect to the core i3-2330M ( the Sandy Bridge procesor, just below it in frequency).