|AMD A6-3400M||AMD A6-3400M Vs Core i3-2310M||AMD A6-3400M Vs Core i5-2410M||Radeon HD 6520G|
– The A6-3400M is quad core Llano APU while Core i5-2410M is dual core Sandy Bridge processor from Intel.
– The A6-3400M is clocked at 1.4 GHz, while the i5-2410m is clocked at 2.3 GHz. The Core i5-2410M has better CPU performance, especially in lightly threaded applications ( 2 threads).
– The integrated graphics in the A6-3400M – the Radeon HD 6480G is better than the HD Graphics 3000 – the integrated graphics in Core i5-2410M. If integrated graphics and gaming ( without any external discrete graphics) performance is your primary concern, you may like to opt for A6-3400M.
Table : AMD A6-3400M Vs Core i5-2410M Feature Differences
|Feature||AMD A6-3400M||Core i5-2410M|
|Core Frequency||1.4 Ghz||2.30 GHz|
| No. Of Cores
||4||2 (4 Hyperthreads)|
| Cache Organization
||4 MB L2 cache||3 MB L3 Smart Cache|
| Turbo Frequency
||2.3 Ghz||2.90 GHz|
| TDP Rating
| 64 Bit Support
| Integrated Memory Controller
| Integrated Graphics
||Yes, Radeon HD 6480G||Yes, Base 650 MHz, Turbo 1.20 GHz|
Table : AMD A6-3400M Vs Core i5-2410M Benchmarking Comparison
|Benchmarks||AMD A6-3400M||Core i5-2410M|
| PassMark Score
| Super Pi 2M (Lower in better)
||35 Seconds||32 seconds|
| 3D Mark 06 CPU
| Windows 7 Experience Score
In Single and dual threaded benchmarks and real world performance, the i5-2410M is significantly better than the A6-3400M. In 4 threaded operation the gap reduces and A6-2400M may gain a bit in some cases. The A6-3400’s low 1.4 GHz clock is not good enough.
Some more details of AMD A6-3400M
The AMD A6-3400M is an entry level quad-core processor for notebooks. This is code named as Llano and released on June 15th of 2011. This processor comes under AMD A-Series. The base frequency of the processor is 1.4GHz only. Its Turbo Boost technology can over clock it up to 2.3 GHz, but this over clocking completely depends on temperature conditions and number of cores usage. This processor comes with integrated Radeon HD 6520G Graphics card and integrated memory controller that can support for DDR3 (L)- 1333 memory and a PCle 2.0 controller. The TD of this processor is 35 Watt.
Some more details of Core i5-2410M
The core i5-2410M is a relatively fast processor belonging to the 2nd generation Intel Core i5 processor. The most characteristic improvement as compared to the 1st generation Intel Sandy Bridge processors is in the area of Integrated graphics powered by the Intel HD Graphics 3000 core. Integrated graphics is a part of the silicon and not a separate discrete component or a card. The Integrated graphics and the processor cores are all in one die unlike the earlier 1st generation processors, in which the processor and the integrated graphics were on separate die. The base frequency of the graphics runs at 650 MHz that can extend to 1.20 GHz depending upon the demand. The new Turbo boost 2.0 significantly improves the performance of the processor.
You may also like to check
– Informal discussion of AMD A6-3400M Vs Intel Core i5-2410M at forum.
– List of AMD’s A- Series Llano APUs.