- The AMD’s A4-3300M belongs to the Llano series, while the i5-2430M is a Sandy Bridge processor form Intel.
- Both are dual core processors, however, the i5-2430M also supports Hyperthreading.
- The Clock frequency of the i5-2430M is higher at 2.40 GHz ( Vs 1.90 GHz of A4-3300M).
- Both the processors support Hyperthreading. However, the i5-2430M has a much higher 3.0 max turbo clock frequency.
- Because of the higher clock and a better architecture, the i5-2430M has better processor performance.
- The A4-3300M, however is has better Radeon HD graphics than the Intel’s HD Graphics 3000 in i5-2430M.
Table : AMD A4-3300M Vs Core i5-2430M Feature Differences
|Feature||AMD A4-3300M||Core i5-2430M|
|Core Frequency||1.9GHz||2.40 GHz|
|No. Of Cores||2||2 (4 Hyperthreads)|
|Cache Organization||2MB L2 cache||3 MB L3 Smart Cache|
|Turbo Frequency||2.5GHz||3.0 GHz|
|TDP Rating||35||35 Watts|
|64 Bit Support||Y||Y|
|Integrated Memory Controller||DDR3||DDR3-1333|
|Integrated Graphics||Radeon HD 6480G, 444 MHz||Yes, Base 650 MHz, Turbo 1.20 GHz|
Table : AMD A4-3300M Vs Core i5-2430M Benchmarking Comparison
|Benchmarks||AMD A4-3300M||Core i5-2430M|
| PassMark CPU Mark Score
| Super Pi 2M (Lower in better)
||Not avaailble||31.5 seconds|
| 3D Mark 06 CPU
| Windows 7 Experience Score
Some more details of AMD A4-3300M
The AMD A4-3300M is an entry level notebooks dual-core processor. This processor is codenamed as Llano and released in the markets since June 14th of 2011. This processor comes under the AMD-A Series. The base clock rate of the processor is 1.9 GHz. The turbo boost technology of the processor can over clock it up to 2.5 GHz basing on the prevailing temperature conditions and cores usage. The processor is enabled with integrated Radeon HD 6480G Graphics card and integrated memory controller that can support for DDR3 (L)-1333 memory and a PCle 2.0 controller. The TDP rate of the processor is 35 watt.
Some more details of Core i5-2430M
The core i5-2430M is the 2nd generation Intel Core i5 processor ( Sandy Bridge Processor). Its turbo boost feature ( can raise its clock all way to 3.0 GHz) and the integrated graphics makes it a substantially fast processor.
Further Suggested Readings
The i5-2430M belongs to Sandy Bridge. Check out the Sandy Bridge Architecture.
The A4-3300M belongs to the Llano Series. Take a look at at the Llano Architecture.